6th IFAC Conference on Nonlinear Model Predictive Control
19th - 22nd August 2018
Madison, Wisconsin (USA)
Model predictive control (MPC) is indisputably one of the advanced control techniques that has significantly affected control engineering practice with thousands of controllers implemented in various fields, spanning from process industry to automotive and robotics. This is due to its unique ability to handle constraints, take preview information about disturbances and set point changes into account and optimize performance. Furthermore, MPC allows the consideration of various types of dynamics, from linear to nonlinear, discrete to continuous, as well as on-line adaptation of models and parameters. The research community on MPC is very active, with hundreds of papers published every year. Over the past decades many theoretical, as well as implementation results have been achieved.
The IFAC Conference on Nonlinear Model Predictive Control (NMPC 2018) aims at bringing together researchers interested and working in the field of MPC, from both academia and industry. This allows to reflect and establish the current state-of-the-art and focus the future development of the MPC field towards relevant directions.
Major conference topics are:
- Uncertainty and model predictive control
- Stability and recursive feasibility of nonlinear model predictive control
- Economic model predictive control
- Model predictive control in the cloud
- IoT and model predictive control
- Learning and model predictive control
- Stochastic model predictive control
- Model predictive control for hybrid systems
- Moving horizon estimation
- Model predictive control for large scale systems
- Hierarchical and decentralized predictive control
- Embedded and real-time feasible predictive control
- Optimization and model predictive control
- Model predictive control of mechatronic systems
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) control
- Energy systems and model predictive control
- Autonomous systems and model predictive control
- Model predictive control for autonomous driving
- Model predictive control for aeronautic applications
- Model predictive control for automotive systems
- Process control and model predictive control
- Model predictive control for medical applications
- Biotechnology and model predictive control
- Model predictive control for smart manufacturing and industry 4.0
NMPC 2018 features a varied Program. Following the tradition of the NMPC Conference, the event will be single track, consisting of plenary, semi-plenary and contributed presentation. To promote participation and foster student submissions, poster sessions will be included in the program. Furthermore, pre-conference short courses will be offered. Industrial participation will be encouraged by extended abstract submissions, which will not appear in paperplaza, but which will be part of the book of abstracts.
The conference Nonlinear Model predictive Control (NMPC) is jointly organized by the International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC), sponsored by the Technical Committee on Optimal Control (2.4).
History of NMPC
The 6th IFAC Conference on Nonlinear Model Predictive Control 2018 is the 6th meeting on the assessment and future directions of model predictive control (MPC) since 1998. The first conference was organized in Ascona, Switzerland, 1998; followed by the conferences in Freudenstadt-Lauterbad, Germany, 2005; Pavia, Italy, 2008; the first IFAC NMPC conference in Noordwijkerhout, the Netherlands, 2012; and 2015 in Seville, Spain.